That is the highlight of your whole trip to Cusco to see one of the 7 top natural wonders in our planet. Scenic Peru will assure you to have the best experience in this journey.
Machu Picchu is located in the cloud forest or beginning of the amazon jungle to be a secret royal retreat for the Inca emperor and his royal family, therefore a refuge away from the Andes.
To get there from Cusco it takes from 3.30 to 4 hours’ journey, part by van and part by train, with beautiful landscape to appreciate along the way.
We will pick you up by 4am in the morning, and with the Van to travel for 1.40 hours to Ollantaytambo train station which is located in the sacred valley. There you´ll board the train that will take about 1.40 minutes’ train ride along the gorgeous Urubamba river and within the jungle.
Once you get the final train stop, one of our representative will receive you and take you to the shuttle bus that will take you up to the fable Inca citadel Machu Picchu, there you will have a complete tour seeing all the most important sites such its temples, fortresses, agriculture and religious sectors, shrines, the main plaza, watchtowers etc. also to have all the best panoramic pictures you desire.
Later after the tour, you will take the bus down to the town “Aguas Calientes” and to take your train back to Ollantaytambo and there the Van back to Cusco. You might be arriving back in Cusco in the evening.
Included / Not included
- Briefing provided of pre-departure information
- Transfer from your hotel by Van and train to Machu Picchu round trip
- Shuttle bus ticket to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Professional tour guide
Does not include:
- Meals not mentioned
- Health insurance
- Domestic flights
- Extra expenses due to delays or problems that we cannot handle, however we´ll do our best to help our clients to find solutions to any setbacks during the trip.
Price for a private service: $ per person, minimum 2 people.
We recommend to bring:
- Light and warm clothes, thick jackets
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof gear
- Water bottle
- Walking poles (only if you have problem with knees or back problems)