Just nearby the sacred valley we have those two fabulous sites to explore in the Andes, this tour takes a half day trip, just one hour away from Cusco we have this excellent alternative excursion
Moray, a complex of 4 concentric circular terraces located at a height of 3,500 meters. An Inca laboratory for the adaptation of plants and food to the high altitudes of the Andes. Each circular electrical terrace is of different sizes and built at different heights, therefore each one has different microclimates.
The salt mines, existed for thousands of years, comes from a single spring rich salt water that was used by several pre-Inca cultures for the preservation of the llama or deer meat, as well as they used it for the mummification of their authorities.
It is still a mystery how salt water ends up here in the Andes, far away from the Pacific Ocean. Currently, local communities are seen as they are extracting this rich and pure salt.
Pick up time at your hotel by 8.00am, with our tour guide and the comfortable transportation we will take you first to the Moray circular terraces complex, after an hour of visiting this important site, we´ll continue the way to the Salt mines, there at salt mines will take again an hour exploring this interesting site. And later finally our way back to Cusco arriving there by 1pm.
Included / Not included
- Breakfast in your hotel (when we fix the hotel for you)
- Briefing provided of pre-departure information
- Professional tour guide
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit
Does not include:
- Entrance tickets
- Meals not mentioned
- Health insurance
- Domestic flights
- Extra expenses due to delays or problems that we cannot handle, however we´ll do our best to help our clients to find solutions to any setbacks during the trip.
$25 to join a group
Price for a private service: $ per person, minimum 2 people.
We recommend to bring:
- Light and warm clothes, thick jackets
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof gear
- Water bottle
- Walking poles (only if you have problem with knees or back problems)