Apart from getting to know Cusco Inca capital city and the Sacred valley tour which also offer important visits, you will have the chance to hike part of the original Inca trail to Machu Picchu going through part of mountains and part of jungles forest with only 6 hours hike in total ending up with a great panoramic view of the whole complex of Machu Picchu!
Arrival in the morning at Cusco airport, where our representative will assit you there and transfer to your hotel.
In the afternoon the Cusco city and ruins: Sacsayhuaman fortress, the cathedral of Cusco, Koricancha sun temple, Qenqo and Puca pucara ruins, from 1.30 to 6pm
The sacred valley to visit Pisac ruins, after Pisac artisan market, later drive through the Urubamba valley, after lunch the visit to Ollantaytambo fortress. later a Hotel in Ollantaytambo town. (B)
Train to the starting point of the Inca trail km 104, there you together with your tour guide will get ready for the hike, first to visit the important Inca Archeological site “Chachabamba”, later agradual climb of 3 hours to the most beautiful Inca site “Wiñayhuayna”, there you will enjoy your box lunch with great views and scenery, later continue about 2 hours hike to Machu Picchu going through jungle forest to observe birds, beautiful flora etc. In the afternoon arrive in Machu Picchu for best pictures and introduction of this fable inca citadel, later a shuttle bus down to Aguas Calientes town for your hotel there.
Hotel in Machu Picchu pueblo. (B, L,)
Early in the morning a great tour of Machu Picchu! Visiting all the most important sites of this fabulous Inca citadel.
To visit its outstanding temples, large ceremonial sites, agriculture sectors, religious sector, its shrines, industrial sector, etc.
Later your bus down to Aguas Calientes town and later to take your train and van back to Cusco arriving there in the evening.
Hotel in Cusco. (B).
A free day to relax and explore Cusco by yourself, with chance to visit some good museums (we provide you those tickets for some specif museums) also you can visit the main food market “San pedro” or a visit to the artist distric “San Blas” etc. (B)
Hotel in Cusco.
pick up from your hotel to be transferred to Cusco airport for your flight to Lima or to an extension to Lake Titicaca or to the Amazon tour etc.(B)
Included / Not included
- 3 Nights’ accommodation at a selected hotel in Cusco, 1 night in Ollantaytambo town, and 1 night in Aguas Calientes town,
- In and out transfers
- All applicable taxes
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees for the excursions mentioned above
- Meals mentioned in each day.
- Train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
- Shuttle bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- International and Domestic flights (Lima / Cusco / Lima)
- Meals not mentioned above
- Tips to tour guide and staff.
- International or National personal telephone calls
- Extra expenses due to delays, strikes, sickness contracted during this trip,
- Additional nights for bad weather o flight cancellation
- Snacks, Laundry
$575 based in two people party. with Hotels 3 stars: “Prisma” or “El Puma” or similar, optional hotel upgrading, just contact us for another better deal.
We recommend to bring:
- Light and warm clothes, thick jackets
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof gear
- Water bottle
- Walking poles (only if you have problem with knees or back problems)
How to get there: a domestic flight from Lima, 1 hour flight; also coming from Lake Titicaca by tourist bus, or coming from amazon tour Tambopata (35 minutes flight)
Weather: around 24-27C at daytime, and 5-12 C at nights.