This Sacred Valley tour was the most important for the Incas in Cusco, because it was the connection from Cusco to the amazon where the food and specially the sacred venerated coca plants were.
Also this valley was sacred because of its main production of corn. It was the staple for the Incas, 65% of their diet was based on corn. Another reason was called sacred valley, because it was the main access for any enemies who would come from the jungle or from Lake Titicaca. There were many enemies who tried to conquer this very prolific valley and its main river “Vilcanota”, therefore you will visit some of their astonishing big buildings over the mountains, their fortresses, their beautiful temples, watchtowers, ancient villages, etc.
Pick up time at your hotel by 8.00am, with our tour guide and the comfortable transportation we will take you to the sacred valley where are those interesting sites: Pisac ruins, Pisac handicraft market, Ollantaytambo, and Chinchero.
*Note: there is an option that after this tour you can take the train to Machu Picchu town in the afternoon, then you spend the night there, and next morning early to visit the most famous Inca citadel Machu picchu. We can fix this schedule too.
Included / Not included
- Breakfast in your hotel (when we fix the hotel for you)
- Briefing provided of pre-departure information
- Professional tour guide
- All entrances tickets
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit
Does not include:
- Meals not mentioned
- Health insurance
- Domestic flights
- Extra expenses due to delays or problems that we cannot handle, however we´ll do our best to help our clients to find solutions to any setbacks during the trip.
$ to join a group
Price for a private service: $ per person, minimum 2 people.
We recommend to bring:
- Light and warm clothes, thick jackets
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof gear
- Water bottle
- Walking poles (only if you have problem with knees or back problems)