Cusco the formerly the capital of the extensive Inca empire, it retains much of its highly crafted early stone architecture, which is typically preserved in the foundations of temples, Inca palaces, ancient streets etc, Emjoy to visit the Inca main temple of the sun “Koricancha, the great fortress Sacsayhuaman, The cathedral, shrines Qenqo and Tambomachay. On the valley: Pisac ruins, Pisac artesany market, Ollantaytambo, Inca village Chinchero, and finally Machu Picchu!.
Arrival in the morning at Cusco airport, where our representative will assit you there and transfer to your hotel.
In the afternoon the Cusco city and ruins: Sacsayhuaman fortress, the cathedral of Cusco, Koricancha sun temple, Qenqo and Puca pucara ruins, from 1.30 to 6pm
The sacred valley to visit Pisac ruins, after Pisac artisan market, later drive through the Urubamba valley, after lunch the visit to Ollantaytambo fortress. later a train to Machu picchu town for a hotel there. (B)
Early in the morning your guide will take you for the tour of Machu Picchu, then later in the afternoon the train back to Cusco. (B)
A free day to explore Cusco by yourself, with chance to visit some good museums (we provide you those tickets for some specif museums) also you can visit the main food market “San pedro” or a visit to the artist distric “San Blas” etc. (B)
OPTIONS: today which is free, we can fix you a half day tour Moray/Salt mines, or to the rainbow mountain although you´d have to start at 4.30am and back in Cusco 5-6pm. (at extra cost)
Hotel in Cusco.
pick up from your hotel to be transferred to Cusco airport for your flight to Lima or to an extension to Lake Titicaca or to the Amazon tour etc.(B)
OPTION: To connect a tour of Lake Titicaca, or the Amazon jungle Tambopata tour.
Included / Not included
- 4 Nights’ accommodation at a selected hotel in Cusco,
- In and out transfers
- All applicable taxes
- Bilingual guided tours (english / spanish)
- Entrance fees for the excursions mentioned above
- Lunch at the Sacred Valley and Aguas Calientes, other meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Train tickets Cusco – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
- Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- International and Domestic flights (Lima / Cusco / Lima)
- Meals not mentioned above
- Travel insurance
- Tips to tour guide and staff.
- Extra expenses due to delays, strikes, sickness contracted during this trip,
- However if any problem arise, we will do our best to fix it.
$575 to join a group of maximum 12 people. with Hotels 3 stars: “Prisma” or “El Puma” or similar, optional upgrading, just contact us for another better deal.
We recommend to bring:
- Light and warm clothes, thick jackets
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof gear
- Water bottle
- Walking poles (only if you have problem with knees or back problems)
How to get there: a domestic flight from Lima, 1 hour flight; also coming from Lake Titicaca by tourist bus, or coming from amazon tour Tambopata (35 minutes flight)
Weather: around 24-27C at daytime, and 5-12 C at nights.