2 Day Inca Trek | Short 2 Day Inca Trail
The Short Inca Trail a great option for those who don’t have the time to hike the full length of the 4 days Inca Trail.
this trek is great, as you´ll visit interesting archeological sites and It has beautiful scenery,(in total 7 hours trip, that includes the stops for visit of Inca ruins and a break for lunch) hiking through the Puna highlands and cloud forest wide variety of flora and fauna on display and good chances to visit Chachabamba Inca temple and others.
Later the most beautiful site (Wiñay Wayna), you get to enjoy the all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed into a one day walk.
Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles the 2 days Inca Trail is not too challenging which makes it perfect for families with children too.
Suitable for those on a tight schedule.
Scenic Peru will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel in Cusco and transfer to Ollantaytambo train station, those trains we use are from 6.30 to 7.45 am departure.
After a nice ride of 1.30 hrs. along the Urubamba river, we get off at km 104 together with your tour guide will cross the bridge and to the starting point, where you´ll first visit Chachabamba that is an important temple next to the river.
Here we´ll start the machu picchu hike by climbing for about 3 hours until we have reach the most beautiful Inca sanctuary “Wiñayhuana”.
There you´ll appreciate the magnificent engineering masterpiece how they built a big complex in a very rugged terrain up in the mountain with its amazing ritual baths in there.
There you´ll enjoy your box lunch, and later a final 2 ½ hike, when you reach “Intpunku the Sungate” that it´s part of the Machu Picchu hiking trail, there you´ll have the first glimpse of the huge complex of Machu Picchu.
Then later a 40 minutes downhill for an introduction of the citadel and then a bus down to Aguas Calientes town where you´ll have a good rest in your hotel.
(Hotels Seven Mapi, or Presidente or similar) it can also be upgraded.
Together with your private tour guide will take again the shuttle bus up to Machu Picchu for a complete 2 hours tour there, after that you can remain and explore more by yourself or do detours to the Inca bridge or climb the challenging Huayna Picchu mountain.
Later in the afternoon, a train back to Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
End of our services.
Related Inca trail Tours Scenic Peru
- Transfer from hotel to train station Cusco
- Round-trip train tickets Cusco-Aguas Calientes-Cusco (Backpacker Service)
- Professional, English-speaking guide for both days
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Box lunch for first day
- Bus tickets to and from Machu Picchu
- Hotel 3 stars in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town)with breakfast included
- Transfer from train station to hotel Cusco
- Breakfast first day
- Lunch on second day.
- Walking Sticks (Pair): $20
What you should bring:
- Day Pack
- Sunscreen and Hat
- ISIC Card (students)
- Hiking/Trekking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Rain poncho (November-March)
- Water bottle
- Layered clothing
*for the rest of your extra pack, our guide will fix with the train attendants to get it straight to your hotel in Machu Picchu town.
PRICE: Machu Picchu hike cost
- 2 people: $655 per person
- 3 people: $575 per person
- 4 people: $525 per person
- 5 people: $490 per person
- 6 + people: $475 per person
Why Scenic Peru?
- We are a local tour operator in Cusco Peru
- Highly specialized on trekking and expeditions.
- Small groups.
- Professional and licensed tour leader, with degree in history, archeology and well trained to handle emergency situations and first aid.
- We are well committed for all Safety issues.
- Our cooks are well constantly trained to provide the most delicious meals.
- 24 hours for customer service.
- Top notch camping gear.
- Highly committed to protect the environment.
- Our porters are the best ever well-treated.
- We truly support with social projects for the Andean villages where our porters come from, specially supporting their schools.