Tambopata Jungle Tours 3D/2N | Amazon tours
Refugio Amazonas Tour 3D/2N
Arrival Reception by Guide Our guides are tourism professionals or community members. Unless noted otherwise, our guides speak English.
We assign guides at 10:1 ratio in Refugio Amazonas. This means groups smaller than 10 people will be merged with other groups under one guide.
If you would like a private guide or a guide in a language other than English please let us know.
Transfer Airport to Puerto Maldonado Headquarters Upon arrival from Lima or Cusco, we will welcome you at the airport and drive you ten minutes to our Puerto Maldonado headquarters. While enjoying your first taste of the forest in our gardens we will ask you to pack only the necessary gear for your next few days and leave the rest at our safe deposit.
This helps us keep the boats and cargo light. Transfer Pto Maldonado Headquarters to Tambopata River Port Skirting Puerto Maldonado, we drive 20 kilometers to the Tambopata River Port, entering the Native Community of Infierno.
The port is a communal business.
Boxed Lunch Transfer Boat – Tambopata River Port to Refugio Amazonas The two and a half hour boat ride from the Tambopata Port to Refugio Amazonas will take us past the Community of Infierno and the Tambopata National Reserve´s checkpoint and into the buffer zone of this 1.3 million hectare conservation unit. Orientation Upon arrival, the lodge manager will welcome you and brief you with important navigation and security tips.
Dinner Night walk You will have the option of hiking out at night when most of the mammals are active but difficult to see. Easier to find are frogs with shapes and sounds as bizarre as their natural histories.
Refugio Amazonas – Overnight
Breakfast Oxbow Lake Visit We will paddle around the lake on a canoe or a catamaran, looking for lakeside wildlife such as hoatzin, caiman, and horned screamers, hoping to see the otters which are infrequently seen here.
You will also be rewarded with overhead sightings of macaws. Canopy Tower A thirty minute walk from Refugio Amazonas leads to the 25-meter scaffolding canopy tower.
A bannistered staircase running through the middle provides safe access to the platforms above. The tower has been built upon high ground, therefore increasing your horizon of the continuous primary forest extending out towards the Tambopata National Reserve.
From here views of mixed species canopy flocks as well as toucans, macaws, and raptors are likely. Lunch Farm Visit Five minutes downriver from the lodge lies a farm owned and managed by charismatic Don Manuel from the neighboring community of Condenado.
He grows a variety of popular and unknown Amazon crops – just about every plant and tree you see serve a purpose. Ethnobotanical Tour Along this trail we will find a variety of plants and trees that are used by the local population with at least the same variety of purposes.
We will learn about the medicinal (and other) uses of Ajo- Sacha, Yuca de Venado, Uña de Gato, Charcot-Sacha, Para-Para, among several others.
Dinner Tambopata National Reserve Lectures Nightly lectures prepared by the staff of Refugio Amazonas cover conservation threats, opportunities, and projects in the Tambopata National Reserve.
Refugio Amazonas – Overnight
- Transfer Boat – Refugio Amazonas to Tambopata River Port
- Transfer Tambopata River Port to Pto Maldonado Headquarters
- Transfer Puerto Maldonado Headquarters to Airport
- We retrace our river and road journey back to Puerto Maldonado, our office and the airport.
- Depending on airline schedules, this may require dawn departures.
REFUGIO AMAZONAS 3Days 2Nights
- Programmes based on double occupancy. Includes all meal, accommodations, and services, all
- river transportation, and transfer from and to the airport of Puerto Maldonado.
- International or domestic airfares, airport departure taxes or visa fees, excess baggage charges,
- additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations, alcoholic beverages or bottled water,
- snacks, insurance of any kind, laundry, phone calls or messages, reconfirmation of flights and
- items of personal nature.
- Rainforest Expeditions boats are 20-foot long, roofed canoes. Outboard boat engine are 60hp
- 4 cycle, eco-friendly, low emission motors.
- · Transfer-in (From Puerto Maldonado to Lodge): we have two departures daily at 13:00 and 14:00
- · Transfer-out (Lodge to Puerto Maldonado): Two daily departures at 07:00 and 08:00
- For other schedule possibilities please consult us
- We reserve the right to change the order of activities.
Other tour in the jungle