“The Andes of Peru will leave you with an unforgettable experience, as you are lead into the Peruvian high mountains by our professional tour guide. During this trip, you will enjoy the pure nature, Solitude, and tranquility that will leave you stunned.”
- Rainbow Mountain (Ausangate trek)
- Duration: 2D/1N- Camping
- Distance: 32km/ 20 miles
- Elevation: 4200m (13,200ft) – 5200m (17,000ft)
- Difficulty: Difficult, fitness required, and at least 3 days acclimatizing in Cusco prior to this trip.
- Price 2019: $395 per person, minimum 2 people
- Price 2019: $295 per person for a group of 3-4 people.
- Price 2019: $250 per person from 6 + people
- Dinner on the last day
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Driver and Cook
- Personal Riding horse*
- Travel insurance
- Extra expenses due to any event that is out of our control
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- All meals/drinks prepared by a private cook (All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine -we can accommodate specific dietary needs)
- Boiled water and snacks
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking guide
- All gear and camping supplies
- Duffel bags for your personal belongings
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent
- Portable toilet
- Horseman/Pack horses to carry all of the gear and personal belongings (up to 6kg per person)
- Fees to access private land
- First Aid kit including oxygen tank
- Sleeping pad (Thermarest)
- Sleeping bag (below zero rating)
DAY 1: CUSCO-QESUNO-ANATA
Distance: 14km/ 8.7 miles
Hiking time: 5-6 hours
On the first day of your Rainbow mountain adventure, we will pick you up at your hotel at 4:00am and drive 3 hours to the trailhead. While packing up our gear our chef will be preparing a hot breakfast to get you fueled up for the hike ahead of you. Our guides will go over the itinerary for the day and safety tips to ensure you are fully prepared for the next two days. The trek begins in a large green valley. You will see hundreds of alpacas, local farmers, and the beautiful Ausangate mountain looming in the distance- this is only a teaser for what is to come on your journey.
As you continue making your way on the trail you will begin to conquer the first pass of the trek- Puccacocha pass. At around 16,000 feet, the pass sits just above Puccacocha lake, and the massive Ausangate mountain is directly in front of you, while a beautiful active glacier crashes into the lake below. After a successful climb we will stop around noon for lunch and to recharge your body for the remainder of the hike.
Our destination for the night is Anata, where we will enjoy a beautiful evening surrounded by jaw-dropping landscape in the still of the Andes. As the sun sets we set up the dining tent with chairs for your group to relax and enjoy conversation while dinner is being prepared. This night you will see an unforgettable night sky full of constellations, shooting stars, and keep yourself warm with coca tea.
DAY 2: ANATA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN- CUSCO
Distance: 18km/ 11 miles
Hiking time: 6-7 hours
Today is what you’ve been waiting for. Your chance to see the beautiful Rainbow Mountain; and the best part, you’re almost there. We’ll wake you up bright and early (time dependant on weather- usually between 4am and 5am) with coca tea delivered to your tent, and serve you a hearty breakfast to fuel you up for your final climb to Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain). Upon arrival you can take all the time you want soaking in the amazing 360 degree vistas of the surrounding lands and explore the mountain itself. Take some time to yourself and really enjoy the beauty of nature around you- it truly is a magical place. The hike down will only take about three hours and here we will celebrate a successful journey, and enjoy lunch before departing back to Cusco (3 hours). Arrival time back in Cusco will depend on how long you want to spend on Rainbow Mountain, but we typically get back around 5pm -6pm and drop you off at your hotel.
Note: This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, strikes, roadblocks, or other events which are beyond our control. We will always do our best to follow the itinerary as closely as possible.
Rainbow Mountain (Ausangate trek)
Duration: 2D/1N- camping
Distance: 32km/ 20 miles
Elevation: 4200m (13,200ft) – 5200m (17,000ft)
Difficulty: Difficult, fitness required, and at least 3 days acclimatizing in Cusco prior to this trip.
$395 per person, minimum 2 people.
$295 per person for a group of 3-4 people.
$250 per person from 6 + people
Note: include 7 kilos of your luggage to be carried by our mules.
|Number of People||PRICES 2019|
|One – Two People||$395|
|Three – Four People||$295|
|6 + People||$250|
- Day Pack with Rain Cover
- Trekking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Thermal base layer
- Fleece/ Sweater
- Insulated jacket
- Stocking hat, gloves, scarf
- Buff/ Handkerchief
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Sunhat and sunglasses
- Sun cream
- Lip Balm
- 1 Liter of water (per person)
- Personal snacks
- Personal medications
- Motion sickness tablets (for van ride)
- Toilet paper
- Camera/ extra battery
- Dry change of clothes, shoes
- Plastic bag to store wet items
- Torch/ headlamp
- OPTIONAL Items to bring*:
- Small presents for kids of villages along the trail such as school supplies, second hand clothes, etc.
Weather in the Andes can be unpredictable ranging from hot and sunny to rain, wind and cold. Hikers should be prepared with proper gear and be ready for variable weather conditions throughout the day.
Small changes in the itinerary are a possibility as well as trip cancellations due to bad weather. We reserve the right to cancel a trip if we feel conditions are unsafe. If this happens you will be refunded your deposit in full (see full Terms & Conditions), however trips still go out when there is rain, snow or fog.
Temperatures can range from 0 degrees Celsius in the morning to 15 degrees Celsius in the afternoon.