Tours Cusco – Horseback riding Cusco 1 day
Horseback Riding in Maras, Salt Mines and Moray, Early in the morning, before beginning the tour, we will have a brief informational meeting and will provide you with the schedule for the day and the service conditions that need to be signed before starting the tour.
Following this, we will leave the hotel in our car by 8 am from Cusco bound for the district of Maras where the various destinations of the tour are located.
To arrive at Maras, we will pass through the plateau of Chinchero which will allow you to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
In Maras you will enjoy a panoramic and impressive view of the Urubamba mountain range and the snow-covered summits of the “WaqaqWillka” (“sacred mountain that cries” in Quechua) known asVerónica (5,682 meters) and the guardian of the Sacred Valley, Chicón (5,530 meters),that rise up alongside the Sacred Valley.
Our horses will be waiting for you in the Maras Central Plaza where you will receive a brief explanation about the handling of Peruano de Paso horse, a demonstration of how to ride it, and familiarization with it that will be useful during the journey.
From Maras we will star tour horse ride through the beautiful scenery surrounded by mountains and marked by the agricultural and livestock activity of the local country people, eventually arriving at the archeological complex of Moray located at 3,385 meters above sea level.
Moray it is located 38 km to the northeast of the capital of the Incan Empire.
It is also known as the “center of Incan agricultural experimentation” due to the form with which its civilization adapted different agricultural species and preserved their harvests.
After visiting Moray, we will have a picnic lunch at a calm spot with a stunning view of several mountains and glaciers, including Chicón, Puma Huanca, Sahuasiray, and Pitusiray. Following the rest, we will continue there side towards Salineras (Salt Mines)
Las Salineras(Salt Mines) in Maras is found 40 km from the city of Cusco and at an altitude of 3,000 meters above sea level.
It consists of a large region at the skirts of the mountains full of some 4,000 natural pools of salt water with dimensions of about 5×2 meters from which salt is extracted for human consumption.
The workings of these mines date from Pre-Columbian times, and one can still observe the traditional method of obtaining salt.
The mines also represent a source of employment for the villagers from Maras and from neighboring towns
When we finish the visit to Salineras (Salt Mines), we will return to Maras.
From there, you will have the choice to take our transportation to the city of Cusco or to your hotel.
Horseback Riding in Maras, Salt Mines and Moray
TRAVEL INFO: Horseback Riding in Maras, Salt Mines and Moray
- Before starting the horseback ride, we give a basic riding training, we will demonstrate how to ride a Peruano de Paso horse, and we will get to know the horses, all of which will last approximately a half hour.
- The duration of the tour is all day with approximately 4 hours on horseback
- We recommend that travelers take sunscreen, a sun hut, sunglasses, water, rain clothes, and lightweight clothes
Includes: Horseback Riding in Maras, Salt Mines and Moray
- Informative briefing in your respective hotel
- Pick up in your hotel and private transportation throughout all of the tour
- Professional bilingual (English-Spanish) guide (a supplement will apply for other languages).
- Entrance ticket to the attractions that we will visit
- Lunch – Picnic (Box lunch)
- Peruano de Paso Horses equipped with comfortable saddles
- A Horse Manager and an assistant horse manager for more than 4 participants in the tour.
- Emergency First-Aid Kit.