The very essence of Cusco and Machu Picchu for those ones who don´t have much time left in their itinerary, but still with the chance to see the wonders of Cusco such the majestic gigantic Sacsayhuaman fortress, the sun temple Koricacncha, the cathedral and its colonial art and other important ruins nearby, for 2nd day the wonder of the world: Machu Picchu, a full day tour, at the same time enjoying the beautiful train ride through the valley along the river and jungle.
Day 01: CUSCO CITY TOUR &RUINS
In the morning arrival at Cusco airport assistance by our representative there and transfer to your selected hotel. Remaining morning free to rest in your hotel in order to avoid altitude sickness.
In the afternoon, 1.30pm City tour of Cusco on a guided sightseeing tour visiting the Main Square, the Cathedral and the Temple of the Sun or Korikancha. Then, we drive out of the City to visit the Inca sites of Qenko, Tambomachay, Puca Pucara and the impressive Fortress of Sacsayhuaman, strategically built on a hill overlooking Cusco, famous for its enormous carved stones, some of them standing over 9 m / 30 ft. high and weighing over 350 tons.
Meals Included: None.
Day 02: MACHU PICCHU
The day starts with an early morning rise to transfer to Cusco Train Station for a three hour train journey to the famous Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, also known as “The Lost City of the Incas”, one of the most renowned examples of surviving Inca architecture. Arrive in Aguas Calientes station for a 30-minute bus drive, climbing 6km of winding road, to the marvellous Citadel. Upon arrival, you will participate in a guided tour of the Citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and various burial grounds. After the tour you’ll have time to stroll around the Archaeological Site at your leisure. Lunch at a local restaurant and a late afternoon return to Cusco. Overnight at selected hotel in Cusco.
Meals Included: Breakfast.
Day 03: CUSCO
After breakfast, transfer assistance on your departure.
Meals Included: Breakfast.
End of our services.
From US$. 495.00 Per person based in double occupancy. with Hotels 3 stars: “Prisma” or “El Puma” or similar, optional upgrading, just contact us for another better deal.
- 2 Nights accommodations at a selected hotel in Cusco
- In and out transfers
- All applicable taxes
- Bilingual guided tours (english / spanish)
- Entrance fees for the excursions mentioned above
- Lunch at Aguas Calientes and other meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Train and bus ticket Cusco-Machu Picchu-CuscoTransfers to and from hotel to train station.
- International and Domestic flights (Lima / Cusco / Lima: )
- Airport taxes.Baggage excess
- Alcoholic drinks, soda or bottled mineral water
- Personal expenses
- International or National personal telephone calls
- Additional nights for bad weather o flight cancellation
- Laundry Breakfast
How to get there: a domestic flight from Lima, 1 hour flight; also coming from Lake Titicaca by tourist bus, or coming from amazon tour Tambopata (35 minutes flight)
Weather: around 24-27C at daytime, and 5-12 C at nights.
You need to bring:
- To carry original passport for train, hotels, and entrance to MP
- Sunblock, mosquito repellent, sunglasses, light and warm clothing as temperature drops from day to night.
- Rain gear.